Eucharist (Holy Communion)
First Reconciliation / First Communion Program
(For those children in Gr. 2 & up who have not yet received First Communion)
Thank you for considering to register your child in our 2021/2022 First Reconciliation/First Communion Program.
Please Make Note Of The Following
- The preparation for the sacrament of First Reconciliation (Confession) and First Communion is conducted through the parish and not through the Catholic schools.
- Registration begins Sunday, October 10, 2021
- Registration forms are available on our website at https://strochswe.archtoronto.org. Click on the SACRAMENTS tab and scroll to First Reconciliation / First Communion.
- Please download the forms from our website, complete and return to our office either via email or by dropping off in our mailbox located beside our parish office door. A copy of your child’s baptism certificate is to be attached with the registration form.
If your child is not baptized
- If your child has not been baptized or was not baptized in the Roman rite, please contact the parish office at 416-749-0328.
- If your child is baptized in the Eastern Catholic Rite (i.e. Chaldean rite), and you attend the Chaldean church, you will need to check with your pastor giving you permission to do First Communion program through St. Roch Church.
- If you are not a registered member of St. Roch, then we will need a letter from your local pastor giving permission for First Communion to occur here
Deadline For Registration
- All documentation (which includes registration form and a copy of your child’s baptism certificate) are to be in our office by Wednesday, November 10, 2021. If registration (including forms) is incomplete, your child will not be registered in this year’s program and you will be asked to wait to register until the following year.