Churches Increase Capacity as Ontario Enters Stage Two
Starting today (Wednesday, June 30, 2021), the Province of Ontario enters Stage Two of its re-opening plan.
As of this morning:
- All Masses, baptisms, first Communions, confirmations and weddings can permit up to 25 per cent of capacity along with six feet of physical distancing
- Overflow rooms can now be used on Saturdays and Sundays with up to 25 per cent of capacity and six feet of physical distancing
- Meetings in parish halls can now meet with up to five people at a time along with physical distancing and essential meetings, such as twelve-step programs, can now meet with up to 10 people along with physical distancing
- The dispensation from Sunday obligation continues and those who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 are encouraged to exercise caution when leaving home
- Livestreamed Masses will still be offered in dozens of parishes across the archdiocese
- Funerals are limited to 75 people, in accordance with the direction from the Bereavement Authority of Ontario
All WorshipSafe procedures remain in place and your parish will continue to use the same booking procedures.
Thankfully, over the past several weeks, there has been a great reduction in COVID-19 cases across much of Ontario. We pray that this trend continues, so we will be able to safely fully re-open our churches soon.